Saturday, September 5, 2009

Because Because Because

Well, I was tweaking some things around the blog, and I have to say, I am so excited to launch the new name & details.  It's like when you get those good suprises, the little smile you have on your face that doesnt go anywhere the rest of the day. I love this feeling of new, this feeling of a beginning I will be happy with.  I'll do some explaining here before the big launch on 9.9.9. 

After being asked by 34 different people on how my business name was pronounced, I thought well, I've never been happy with using my first and middle name even though it is blatant self promotion.  So, what can I do here. I spent a month coming up with different things. I wanted to find a name that would reflect my personality and how that plays in with my photography. 

I love the quote: In life I believe you need three things: Something to do, Something to look forward to, and Someone to love.  I took a tip to St. Louis with my sister and drove past a closed autobody shop.  I remember seeing the words "Three Degrees"...I thought..that's it. It would reflect my basic belief stated above and it would be something different. I slept on the name for 3 days. That's all it took and I said to myself, no, it's not right.

So rewind to a photoshoot I had with my sister in the early summer.  I found this amazing brick wall in a small downtown area and captured some awesome poses of her there.  After editing, I realized, I love that brick wall. But, walls signify closure, and I'm not a big fan of walls in general besides this old vintage looking one that Falynn had posed in front of. Soooooo

For those who follow me on Facebook, or older blogs, I've always referenced my heart will be complete when "Orange Meets Yellow". What do Orange and Yellow mean to me? Orange and Yellow=Red, right? Well I'm on a search to meet my Orange. You may think of it as love, or you may think of it as purpose or destination, whatever it is, I still havent found what I'm looking for.

Fast forward. With the re-assurance of my mother (very clever woman I might add) I decided that I wanted something that everyone could relate to...and I think I captured it here when someone asked, "Why would you change it, people know you as Danielle Jeaneane?" and I replied, "Because...because..because...of the wonderful things He does!"....And I knew right then, that was the icing on the cake.

So, please welcome me in introducing Yellow Brick Road Photography on September 9, 2009.

I think she's a bit anxious, can you tell? (Thank you Falynn for being patient, Sis has been running around like a chicken with its head cut off)


615

0 comments: